with candy canes and silver lanes aglow
It really is beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas around these parts. And as there are so many things I would like to do and experience with Matt and Milo this holiday season, I’ve decided I need to get a bit more organized. Now, the following list isn’t exhaustive, and there are several things that aren’t particularly child friendly – namely David Sedaris – but I know from experience that each one will help me feel that little bit more merry and bright during my favorite month of the year.
- Stir up Sunday
- Pick out a Christmas tree and decorate it whilst listening to festive music
- Make cinnamon ornaments
- Help Milo write a letter to Father Christmas
- Watch Elf
- Unwrap and read The Polar Express
- Make paper snowflakes to hang in our windows
- Listen to the This American Life Christmas podcast
- Write, address, and post our Christmas cards
- Visit Santa’s grotto
- Take Milo to the production of Two Little Boys at the Lakeside
- Make and decorate Christmas sugar cookies
- Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Visit the Christmas market in York
- Attend Milo’s school nativity play
- Make orange pomander balls
- Read The Night Before Christmas
- Take Milo to see Rise of the Guardians
- Ice skate at the rink set up in the market square
I’m getting excited just thinking about it!
We would also like to sponsor a child or family this Christmas, but I’m having trouble finding any information on how to do this in the UK. Any ideas?