Well, we’ve been back in the US for about 7 weeks now and I’m afraid that my blog has taken a back seat to, well, just about everything. I did want to hop on quite quickly this evening to post a bit of an update, so here goes!
- It’s been so lovely to live around friends and family again. We’ve been having weekly dinners at my parents house and it’s been such a joy to watch Milo play with his cousins.
- Matt found a job! Whoop! He’s just about to finish his first week of work and he’s really enjoying it.
- Milo’s been enrolled in a great school, and after a few grumpy weeks, I think he’s starting to come around.
- Target. And Mexican food. And cheap, fancy cosmetics. Enough said, really.
- I love our new flat. We’re just about done decorating Milo’s room, so pictures of that will be up soon. Ish. And there will be lots more to follow.
When we left England, we boxed up some of our stuff and shipped it over, snail mail style. Every single box made it over in one piece, bar the box where I had stupidly packed every single one of our important documents. I’m talking about birth certificates, marriage certificates, our social security cards, etc. And so now we’re having to reapply for everything, minus our passports, from overseas and it’s a bit of a pain.Sorted! So sorry I doubted you Royal Mail!
- I feel like we are living in our car. I got so used to walking everywhere in England, that having to drive absolutely everywhere has come as a bit of a shock to the system.
- Eating organically is really, almost prohibitively, expensive here. I would love to hear any tips from my fellow Americans on how you’re able to do it.
p.s. If I know you in real life, I probably owe you an email. I really am so sorry! My regular email account was hacked last week, so it’s really no longer useable (bunch of bastards) so right now Facebook is probably the easiest way to stay in touch.
p.p.s Although I have not been maintaining my blog, I have been using instagram, so check me out over there!